12.30.2007

Weighing In: Sequins

What comes to mind when we think of sequins? Vegas showgirls, the circus, our tap dancing costumes at McDowell School of Dance perhaps. What does not come to mind? Sneakers. Anyone who knows me knows that my all-stars and I have had a long term exclusive relationship going for some time now. However, not even I would deign to wear the be-sequined versions that started cropping up this year.


Do these shoes not just scream "show choir?" I mean...not that there's anything wrong with that...I'm just saying, there's a time and a place for everything.

And by the way, that time/place is never on TRL.

In order to lead a civilized and fashionable life there must be rules regulations and for sequins, they start off similarly to our rules on plaid. Shirts and dresses only please, any sort of sequined bottom will make you look dangerously like one of those monkeys that play the cymbals. Secondly, we must restrict our use of sequins to the evening hours (this should be un peu obvious n'est ce pas?). Thirdly, and this one is a bit more subtle, a sequined garment must be sequined all over like these few courtesy of I Am Fashion.


Otherwise you run the risk of appearing as if you and your BeDazzler have spent one too many lonely nights together.

No comments: